Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm so proud...

My alma mater:

My high school has been getting lots of press lately, and unfortunately it has been mostly of the negative variety. First, back on January 9, there was a girl fight...with a knife...over a boy. Then, earlier this week it was reported that a longtime teacher stole $16,000 from the prom fund. Way to go, Knights!

Chrissy:

I got to speak to Chrissy for the 3rd time since she's been in Africa. Before she left she basically told me I had to buy a calling card in case I got engaged, and I finally got to use it for that purpose. She is doing well and having a wonderful time with her fiance, Kodjo. She said she is enjoying all of the time that they have together knowing that they will probably never have this much time together again when one or both of them is not working or taking care of children or studying. They still have not heard anything about Koudjo's visa but she is still hoping that they will get word before she leaves at the end of the month. She's going to get to spend 10 days in Romania with her parents before she returns to the US in February. I may call her one more time but I still have a full calling card for Africa so if you want to call her, let me know and I'll email you her new phone number there and the calling card pin.

For thirsty dogs everywhere:

Dog Beer

1 comment:

Megan said...

That was such a BAD mug shot - at least she could've combed her hair.