Thursday, February 15, 2007

Peanut Butter recall

So I was watching the news and saw a recall on Great Value (Walmart) peanut butter made by ConAgra Foods. Well guess what kind of pb we have two jars of, with one of them almost completely empty? You guessed it, Great Value. So we ended up throwing away 2 1/2 sandwiches today. I called up Todd as he was in the middle of eating his. Luckily we bought another brand a few weeks ago so I could still give sandwiches to my boys, as promised.

In other news, please check out the new link under my name on the right side. It's my brother-in-law's band (Luke is the lead singer), and they may be coming to a city near you this summer!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am not sure if you noticed Megan (and sorry if you don't want unsolicited advice..hehe), but according to the health professionals ( I know someone who works as a forensic food scientist), if the jar has already been eaten or almost eaten and you have not gotten sick, then you won't. Even though there is a recall, that doesn't mean "every" jar in that recall is affected. Just a heads up in case you know someone else who has eaten out of one of these jars and panics as most of us would. Also this person I know who is the forensic food scientist; he is one of the people who investigates all of the contaminated food outbreaks. I can get all kinds of info from him. :) Good luck and so happy you didn't get sick.

Bittersweet Confusion said...

I say buy named brands.. If you get sick, Big named companies will pay for your silence... Just a thought ;-) LOL! Glad you guys did not get affected.