Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Why did the chicken, I mean goose, cross the road?

The answer is, literally, to cross the road. The adult geese waited until the cars had passed before herding their kids across the road in one line, just so they could hang out on the other side of the road. There were so many of them that this picture doesn't even capture them all. Canadian geese have fully taken over Earth City (known by some as The Capital of the World) where I work. This was taken at the entrance to the parking lot of my building. For the most part I like having the geese around, but it does get annoying when they poop on the sidewalk right near the front door of our building or just decide to sit and rest in the middle of the parking lot driveway.


It's because of moments like this that I carry my digital camera around with me everywhere I go.

No comments: