Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Do Not Be Alarmed

Now I do not want any of my old friends to be alarmed, but I believe I have made a new friend. We've only met twice, but I think all signs are there. The reason you should not be alarmed is because I was a Brownie for a whole year, just long enough to sell 5 boxes of girl scout cookies, make 2 pieces of macaroni art, and to learn how to sing "make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold." So don't worry, no one's spot will be harmed in the Kelly hierarchy of friendship.

But this is how I knew we would be friends:

1) In our first conversation she referrenced Pride and Prejudice. So happens it is both of our favorite books. She even offered to play the P and P board game Jo bought me many many years ago. This is a first because everyone else I mention this to looks at me as if I just asked them if they wanted to play search for "the-used-hypodermic-needle-in-the-dumpster-game" (that will sweep the nation, mark my words).

2) She was wearing a Time Turner necklace.

3) We have had a lengthy talk discussing the merits of our flat irons.

4) Today she said "Matchy, matchy, green squared." Don't feel bad if you don't recognize this quote, but it's from a movie I have seen tons of times and this is one of my very favorite lines.

I mean if this is not the foundation of a good friendship, I don't know what is!!

No comments: