Saturday, September 22, 2007

There's a Mariachi Band in my Back Yard

Technically, they are not quite in my yard, just on the other side of the chain-link fence that separates my back yard from my neighbor's. I stepped out of the shower tonight to the sounds of two trumpets in harmony, accompanied, of course, by guitar and at least two men singing. It sounds as if they are right outside my window. Unfortunately we could not ascertain whether or not the performers are wearing the requisite mariachi uniform, and it's way too dark (it's after 10) for David to sneak over and take a picture for me to post as evidence. That would be awkward, considering he's going to have to go over there in about an hour and ask them to go serenade someone else so I can go to sleep. I know, I'm a big party pooper. I guess I'm just mad I wasn't invited.

No comments: