Monday, November 12, 2007

Rock Star

I jogged today for 30 straight minutes, and have now been proclaimed a rock star by my workout friend. Woohoo! It's been years since I've tried running, and I don't think I ever got up to 30 minutes before. Granted, I was going pretty slow, but at least I stuck with it!

The gym at UofC is a lot more sophisticated than our alma mater. I can watch cable tv during every workout, including the music channels. My favorite workout song is Clumsy by Fergie (I can't believe I'm admitting this) and I crack up almost every time I see the video, especially the car scenes. VH1 seems to show the same videos each morning between 6:30 and 7:30, and I've caught myself singing a few times, and this morning almost started moving my arms around for an upper body dance (the props move). I probably would've lost my workout friend if I hadn't stopped myself in time! It's bad enough that we probably are banned from a local Starbucks after I spilled a Venti coffee all over the counter during rush hour after one of our workouts.

No comments: