Monday, March 03, 2008

Waiting

I got my fortune cookie yesterday. The fortune was interesting "Your ability to find the silly in the serious will take you far." The numbers not so helpful. But on the back there was a single word, "Wait." And I said to myself, "That's just fantastic for you to say, Mr. Fortune Cookie, you're not the one who has been toting around another human for approximately 266 days. Hmpf." Anyway, my due date has arrived, and I'm just waiting for this baby to come out. The biggest problem is that I have cleared my schedule for the week "just in case" (I should have known better) and now I'm basically really bored. I'll go check in with the dr. on my birthday--just what I always wanted for my birthday, an intrusive cervical exam--and see how Little Miss is doing. I'll keep you posted.

In other waiting news, we are also waiting to see if anyone wants to buy our snowcone stand, as I am not completely sure how I will be running the thing while caring full-time for two small children this summer. So, if anyone wants to buy our snowcone stand, here's the posting on Craigslist.

And finally, I'd like to close with David's fortune from yesterday, "Good news of long-awaited event will arrive soon." I'm fairly certain this fortune has nothing to do with my having a baby, but is instead referring to the Baylor Men's basektball team and their re-entry into the NCAA Tournament after a hiatus of 20 years.

No comments: