Saturday, February 18, 2006

Brrrrrrrr.........

Kel, are you telling me we don't have matching sunglasses anymore?

For all BFWWC (by the way, that stands for Big Fun Weekend in the Windy City), think back to our Wheaton days and remember how brutal the weather can be in February. Then, triple the miserableness since we'll be so much closer to the lake. If you need me to bring extra cold weather gear, let me know.

We are in the middle of a horrible cold snap. Remember how I said it was 70 degrees on Thursday? Right now, at 9:30 a.m., it is 6 degrees here in St. Louis (with the wind it feels like -9). My halau is hosting a hula and Tahitian dance workshop this weekend which I'm leaving for in a few minutes, but it is really hard to get in the mood with the temperatures so frigid. I'll have updates on the workshop later.

4 days to BFWWC...

1 comment:

kel said...

Yes, you will now have matching sunglasses with a criminal. Although, knowing the type of crime that is prevalent here, they probably already tried to smoke them.
It is a ittle chilly here- 60's or so, although my classroom is nice and toasty at 72 degrees. I think I will freeze during BFWWC. I am completely unprepared! I especially don't have any warm shoes- I've been wearing flip flops year round!