Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bowling Update

Tonight, I bowled a pitiful 122, 94, 116. My goal was to bowl my average (117) but I didn't quite make it. Still, a good time was had by all. By the way, my bowling name is Debbie. I don't know why, but I just started using the moniker several years ago for bowling purposes only. It just seems like a good bowling name. No offense to the Debbies of the world.

Katie, good to hear from you. I noticed on your solo blog that you are a Friend of Emergent. I'd be interested in blogging about that a bit. I am not very familiar with the Emergent movement and find it intriguing, but I'm also a bit skeptical. What can you tell us about it?

I just got some good news. Two of my good friends from Apollo in Chicago have started dating. I've been rooting for this relationship for a long time (at least 2 years) and it is quite gratifying that something has finally happened.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey, Jo, my husband put that logo there. He is very interested in the emergent conversation. One premise is that many of the ways that we view Christianity is through a modern lens, while we live in a postmodern world. I read a book by Brian McLaren that was really good: A New Kind of Christian.