Tuesday, May 02, 2006

All about BFW in Cowtown

First off, Megan, please keep us posted about your sister-in-law.

Also, make sure to head on over to Caffeinated Sugar Monkey to see today's post which was inspired by our own Kelly.

Everything you've ever wanted to know about BFW in Cowtown:

1. I love sweet tea. I drank it at every opportunity. The good folks at Chicken Express (a chain reminiscent of Harold's Chicken Shacks, for those that know) claim they have the best but I still think McAlister's is tastiest.
2. The folks at Hot Dog On A Stick need new uniforms. This is such a pressing issue that it is getting attention in several blogs lately. I wish I would have gotten a picture at Hulen Mall but you'll just have to head on over to their website to see what I'm talking about.
3. I now dream of the maple ice cream from Marble Slab. Mmm, mmm, good.
4. I may not be cut out to have children. Do not tell my mother. We'll have to break it to her gently.
5. I did way too much clothes shopping. Seriously, it was hard to close my suitcase.
6. The new D terminal at DFW is really nice. The restrooms are especially great as they have extra wide and long stalls and shelves so that you can bring your bags in with you. Smart.
7. New and wonderful discoveries: digital cable and the ability to rewind live TV (brilliant!), Laurie Berkner, and Deal Or No Deal.
8. Sarah's church is cool.

Wink, wink.

4 comments:

Sars said...

Genius, Jo, just fricking genius!! Wink, wink.

I loved the blog and all of its contents. FYI you should check out Sugar Monkey's husband's blog. It's riveting.

I miss you already.

mitsi said...

I am indeed jealous that I did not have the opportunity to meet with you ladies this last weekend. What did I even do last weekend? Seems so far away. Glad to hear you had a lovely time. I think I may lie Chicken Express' sweet tea slightly more than McAllister's, for what it's worth (although the stuff at Grandy's used to be pretty darn spectacular).

mitsi said...

That should say LIKE Chicken Express' tea. Whoops.

kel said...

Two things:
1. There is a glaring error in Wendy's blog. I have NEVER paid full price to see one of those movies TWICE, although there may have been a blockbuster rental or two.

2. Imagiine my surprise to look at Jo's link about the hot dog uniforms (bless those poor kids) and then to see MY PICTURE on this blog. I do not know this person. I am honored to be such a celebrity that now my picture is popping up in random spots! What's next- my face on the side of a bus? I can only hope.