Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Suggestions for Self-Improvement

Sounds like the self-improvement bug has bitten us all, but if you need some inspiration, I have a few ideas.

First, there are two friends of this blog, Chrischona & Laura, that are running the Chicago Distance Classic on August 13 (that's a half-marathon). They are doing this to raise support for a village in Ethiopia through World Vision. The money raised will specifically go towards community development projects in an area that has been severely affected by the HIV/AIDS crisis.

Next, I have two friends that are just about to leave on a 2-year mission to an orphanage in Guatamala. Kara & Daniel went on a short-term mission trip there last year and felt God calling them back there for a longer stay. They leave for language school in just a couple of weeks. You can read their story on their blog and get a better idea of their prayer and financial needs.

Lastly, for you Wheaties out there, you should give to the Young Alumni Challenge.

That's all for now. Have a nice day.

6 comments:

Sars said...

I pledged and got my handsome luggage tag. Did you?

Jo said...

I had forgotten to pledge until you told me about your luggage tag. I just did it today. I'll be waiting with bated breath.

kel said...

I pledged and did not receive a luggage tag. Too bad. Luckily I got one when I hosted an alumni event (and more Wheaton pens than one could ever hope to use).

Sars said...

Ooh, I want a Wheaton pen! Lucky.

Jo said...

Kelly, you've been holding out on us.

kel said...

The next person to visit me gets a pen.