Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Cruise

I am delighted to be going on this cruise for the big 3-0. I am a bit concerned, however. I went on-line to check out some of the activities that are available on these types of cruises. From Carnival's website, this is one of the lists:

FUN DAY’S GREAT ACTIVITIES

Learn how to make a Towel Animal
Bring a large & a Small white towel from your cabin and
our talented stewards will show you how to make those
amazing animals. 10:00am ........................ Universe Lounge

Adult Ping Pong Competition
10:00am. ................................ MeetVerandah Deck midship

Scattergories
10:15am. ...................... Bistro coffee bar Promenade deck

Ice Carving Demonstration
Come along and be amazed as our talented Ice carvers
create a wonderful work of art out of a 300lb block of ice

Mens Hairy Chest Contest
1:30pm ................................................................... Lido Deck

SURVIVOR At Sea
2:00pm....................................................... Lido Deck Poolside

Famous Faces Quiz
2:30pm.......................... Bistro coffee Bar promenade Deck

Austin Powers Dance Class
Join our Talented Fantasy dancers and learn this 60s dance
2:30pm. ...................................................... Universe Lounge

Who wants to be a Millionaire
We Can’t make you a millionaire but let’s have some Fun
3:00pm Universe Lounge

Hmm... making a towel animal classifies as a GREAT, fun activity? Ping-pong, scattergories are fine, normal activities; ice block carving is sort of random, but could be interesting, but then it takes a turn for the bizarre. Men's hairy chest competition???? Need I say more. I also have my concerns about Survivor at sea, on a boat. Do we take turns falling out of the boat and then being rescued? Or do we have to starve for 36 days and get bitten by mosquitoes and sunburned until we are barely recognizable and then get interviewed by Jeff Probst? Then the Austin Powers Dance class simply blows my mind away. I pray that the instructor is in costume and says "Oh behave".

I can't wait!

4 comments:

Jo said...

Are you for real or did you just make these up? I don't have time to log in right now and look. Hmmm....

Go check your email. But be prepared. It's a long one. With lists and pictures and maybe a rant or two.

Sars said...

I'm pretty sure that we could dominate in most of the activites (with the exception of the hairy chest contest hopefully). It probably wouldn't even be fair to the other cruisers for us to be on a team for scattergories or the famous face game. The other teams would be recruiting us as 'ringers'. It will probably be best if we remove ourselves from the competition and focus on our rockin' tans. Oh, wait, kel and I don't tan. . .I guess we'll have to focus on ingesting as much ice cream as humanly possible. No problem. Too bad that's not a competition.

Jo said...

Much as Jon will be tapering his running before the marathon, I have already started tapering my food intake in preparation for the marathon of eating we will be doing on this thing. Oh wait, no I haven't. Remind me to do that.

Mrs.Robinson said...

Do they have a women's hairy leg contest? I could seriously dominated that...I'm already working on my winter pelt.

Cruises are such dorky fun...best people watching ever.