Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cocoon

So, with the exception of posting in honor of Jo's 30th, it's been a month since I last posted. I feel ready to temporarily crawl out of the cocoon I've been hiding in. Instead of a well-crafted, witty, thought-out post, though, you're gonna get snippets of life here.

Grandpa Mattox
Three weeks ago, my 86 year-old grandfather passed away. He had been living in assisted living until a random health problem sent him to the hospital. While he was there, they realized his lungs had gone from bad to worse, and they put him in hospice. My mom and her brothers flew up to Michigan and had about a week with him before he passed. We're glad to know he is now breathing easy in heaven with Jesus. His funeral was sad, but it was neat to see the military burial (my grandpa was a POW in WWII and received the Purple Heart). Click here for more information about him.

Deja Vu
Ten days ago (four days after returning from the funeral), my little busy-baby fell, again. This time the verdict was (drum-roll, please) a broken arm. Same deal as before, small fracture, no cast. No, the doctor doesn't think she has fragile bones. No, they did not call a protective agency. She's doing better already, but she reminds me of someone. . .

Electronic Bad Karma
Did I kick a toaster oven or slam the microwave door too hard or something? There's got to be an explanation for my bad electronic karma. Last week, my husband accidentally sent his very fancy new phone plummeting to the bottom of a gas tank - occupational hazard, I guess. We've since replaced it, but not for cheap, that's for sure. And somewhere in Michigan my digital camera is roaming the streets, freezing to death, wishing I would come rescue it. So now I'm about to go on a Carribean cruise sans camera. Bummer.

Cruisin' to 30!!!
The good news is that Kel and I will be sunning ourselves on the Lido deck reading many, many books and exploring the wonders of the world. Goodness knows, after this last month, I could use a little R&R. I'm sure Kel feels the same way. We'll get you updates when we get back.

1 comment:

Megan said...

How's Sophie? If I could be a superhero, Claire would be my choice.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Thanks for linking his obit - I always find them fascinating and your grandpa sounded like a good man.