Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm a Skiing Superstar!

I'm back, and not on crutches. I consider it a victory. We went to Durango, Colorado and stayed in this huge old cabin full of scary sights like this:

Not to mention this:

We skiied at Purgatory. Not a particularly cheerful name, I agree, but it does convey a sense of danger which my dramatic side certainly enjoyed. Two hours on the bunny slope later I attempted some serious slopes. I fell A LOT. I swore a little. At one point I had to take my skis off and climb down a slope. But, in the end, this is the slope I skiied down:


Yay me! I am a superstar!!

3 comments:

Jo said...

Kelly, that's so much more than I did on my first attempt skiing. Yay for you! I'm impressed.

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

That is quite the scary picture posted at the top! I'm glad you had a fun time.