Saturday, June 02, 2007

I Love Dazzle

I love Dazzle. If you don't know what Dazzle is, it's one of those stores in the mall, Like Forever 21, where people our age shouldn't shop. It's one of those stores where the salesgirl follows you around the whole time because most of the customeers who "shop" there are pint-sized pickpockets. Dazzle basically sells cheap, gaudy, poor quality accessories.

So why would a person of reasonable taste and being at least double the average age (and size for that matter) of most of the clientele love this tacky store? Because today I was at my local grocery store. I was purchasing an alcoholic beverage and I could tell the cashier was dithering whether to card me or not. Then she looked up at my face and finally said, "Can I see your ID?"

Yay! The five little words I yearn to hear. Yes!! As I believe I have mentioned once or twice in the last year, I am not too pleased about turning 30. It does not help that I have friends like Rachel (recently told by a flight attendant that she couldn't sit in the exit row because you have to be at least 16) and Sarah (on the cruise was asked if she was still in school- HIGH SCHOOL that is!). So I was mollified by the cashier asking to see my I.D.

And I owe it all to Dazzle. I was wearing my $3.99 shiny, plastic, bright red headband from Dazzle. What self-respecting person over 12, let alone 29 would wear such a thing (thought the cashier). So this is why I love Dazzle.

4 comments:

Sars said...

Kel, its good to have you back on the blog with regularity. I almost forgot how funny you are. Good stuff. And quit trying to buy beer-you're way too young for that stuff.

Mrs.Robinson said...

Dazzle? Where is this magic youth promoting store? I have never heard of such a thing.

Sars said...

you dazzle me.

Megan said...

I laughed so much with this post, other than your anguish over turning 30 of course.