Friday, October 05, 2007

Curse of the Candy Corn

I have a love-hate relationship with candy corn, as I'm sure most people who eat it do. It's so very delicious, but I have to monitor my consumption because there is a very fine line between "candy corn satisfaction" and "candy-corn nausea". Even one extra candy corn can push you over the line. I seem to think that the only true cure for candy corn nausea is, of course, more candy corn. After self-medicating, I then run into what is called "candy corn regret" and swear off the stuff for good (mainly because the bag is empty.) But of course today I bought another bag, and I am disappointed to say that Target-brand candy corn falls very short of the highest candy corn standards, set by the confectioners over at Brachs. I mean, I'm still going to eat the whole bag by day's end, but the impeding sick tummy just won't be quite as worth it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

My favorite part of candy corn is that one candy corn has fewer calories than one raisin.
I do understand the love-hate relationship. I also get that with peanuts!

kel said...

Sarah, I could have written that post. I am on week 5 of "no" sugar (so I've cheated some, but somehow the candy corns do not seem like I can justify in any way)and I miss the CC. There was, however, something I saw recently which dimmed the love. Someone had made candy corn cookies with oatmeal. They looked so gross I don't even think the CC deliciousness helped. By the way, Walmart brand CCs are also quite disgusting. I had to throw the bag away last time because I knew I would probably eat them anyway. Brachs knows how to do it right, man.