First, here is my whole family, both sides, at church on Christmas Eve. Front row: Jeremy, Shannon (with bun in the oven – that’s right, I’m going to be an aunt!), Me, Jon, Leigh, Amie, Jeff, Carlos. Back row: Bob, Patty, Jenni, Robbie, Rachel. I think we are a good looking bunch and it was really cool that everyone was there together. Thanks for coming, all!
Later that evening…the first round of presents. My dad asked for “peace of mind.” Here he is opening my brother’s gift – pork brains. Robbie was never a very good speller.
Once again everyone was way too extravagant. For example…
- Green iPod Nano. Thanks, baby. I’m listening to it right now.
- The 2007 Merrie Monarch Festival on DVD. 10.5 hours of hula heaven.
- Meet Me Under The Mistletoe hat. It works, by the way.
- Flip Camcorder. So cute. So convenient. I’m still playing around with it, but watch for video posts soon.
- Lucky Lou shoes. These were probably the biggest surprise. I’d had my eye on these for, literally, years. You must follow the link to the picture and see them. I can’t wait until it’s warm enough to wear them out.
- Lands End slippers. It’s always nice when something you find online or in a catalog lives up to your expectations. These are warm and comfy and oh so cute.
The question of the day on Tuesday: what was your most surprising gift? How about your favorite? Leave a comment and tell us about it.