Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Missing college days right now

I have to admit, I loved the college years. Although I usually would rather live in the present, one aspect I miss the most is going to events with friends. I've been checking out some great concerts in the city and know that if it were 10 years ago, I could probably drag one of you along. There are three concerts in the area I would love to go to - Iron and Wine, Death Cab for Cutie, and the Ryan Montbleu Band. Tix are cheap ($10!), and yet I bet that none of my friends (and definitely not hubby) here would be interested in joining - it's too late at night, too hard to find babysitting, too old to go out and have fun, etc. I'm already depressed that Jack Johnson won't be playing in Chicago. Sigh...

2 comments:

Sars said...

What? No Aerosmith?? Sorry, I'm out then.

mitsi said...

Iron & Wine and Death Cab for $10?!? I don't think I'm anywhere near (nor have we met), but I'd be happy to go with!