Friday, April 24, 2009
Today is Etsy Day!
A group of Etsy sellers got together and declared today, April 24, as ETSY DAY. Don't know what Etsy is? Etsy is an "online marketplace for buying & selling all things handmade." Clothes, toys, craft patterns, leather goods, candles, jewelry, papergoods, art prints, you name it, someone on Etsy is creating it. And it is a spectacular website for finding one-of-a-kind and even customized gifts. Mother's Day is just around the corner, after all. My Etsy ID is johannai if you want to check out some of my favorites, such as...
- Bookplates by oiseaux
- Mobiles by spindesigns and SaltyandSweet
- Jewelry by hazelnutcottage
- Accessories by kailochic, hollystalder, moxieandoliver, redrubyrose, awcombes and post
- Shadow puppets by orangemoontoys
- Polynesian items by islandcostumes, KaLimaNanea, solcreations1, and ohanabylea
- Wall Art by wardomatic, lindsayart, kellyrae, irenesuchocki, yellena, Geninne and elloh
- Party and cake decorating supplies by HeyYoYo and LayerCakeShop
- Gifts for moms and kids by shutthefrontdoor
I could go on and on. Do you have a favorite? Tell us about it in the comments.