Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Where I've Been

What a fun game. Follow this link and make your own map.

States That Johanna Has Visited (or at least driven through on the way to someplace else):



create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out our
California travel guide

I'm having some iTunes trouble. Anyone out there with an iPod that can make sense of this? Actually, I don't know that it has anything to do with my iPod/iTunes. I think it might be a problem with my external hard drive. I bought a Maxtor 160GB external drive before I moved back to St. Louis. It seemed like a good way to collect and back up files from several different computers and make it easier to transfer things whenever I get a new computer. However, instead of using it strictly to back everything up, it is the primary residence for all of my music, pictures, and other personal files. Last week, I hooked up the hard drive to my parents' computer so I could copy a bunch of my brother's music files for my own use. I hooked it back up to my own computer, and now when I try to access my music files through iTunes I get the following message:


Request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

So after getting that message, I went through My Computer, to my G drive (external drive), to my iTunes folder. When I open it up there is nothing there! When I first saw that, I almost wanted to cry. That's almost 6,000 separate audio files that seem to be missing. The only bright spot (if it can be called that) is that the 20+ GB of space that all of those files take up still seems to be used. So are they just hidden? Can they be recovered?

No comments: