Thursday, May 11, 2006

Prime the Pump

Note: The following thoughts were posted following a week helping take care of my sister's three children and my own infant. And be sure to know that my sister's children are actually wonderful, sweet and fairly well-behaved, but they are children after all.

I've been on the blog daily in the last week, but have not written. This is due, in part, to the fact that I have been up to my ears in kids. Babies, toddlers and rambunctious little boys. And let me tell you, spending one day (not to mention 5) with four children all age four and under is not the walk in the park you may think it is. Don't be fooled by their sweet smiles and tiny hands and feet. No, they will eat you alive. Or at least pee on you, repeatedly. Needless to say, at the end of the day there have not been adequate brain cells for thought formation, let alone entire sentence or paragraph formation. But, I have kept on coming to the blog, looking for a little pick-me-up, thinking I had nothing to contribute, as noone really wants to hear about all of the bodily fluids with which I've been intimately acquainted this week. But, finally all the little urchins are in bed, and I need something to do so that I don't end up in bed at 8:30. So I'm priming the pump, so to speak.

And the pump, having been duly primed, is now back to being completely dry. These children have literally sucked the life-forec out of me, and all that's left is an empty shell. I don't care if it is 9:00, I'm going to bed. . .

2 comments:

kel said...

Sars-
It was good to see your name on the blog again! What you're doing with Sophie and how you helped your sister are incredibly important (I'm not trying to be patronizing here- I'm speaking the truth even though it's cheesey). Keep it up.

Jo said...

Sars, great post. And Kel, great comment. Maybe this time was useful in giving you a clear picture of the kind of life you don't want, and a better understanding of those people that do.